Chemical Facial Peels
WHAT IS A CHEMICAL PEEL?
A chemical facial peel is one of the least invasive ways to significantly improve the overall appearance of your skin.
The process entails carefully applying chemical substances to the skin surface to remove damaged outer layers and improve texture.
The chemical solution works to:
• strengthen blood vessel (capillary) walls
• stimulate circulation of the blood in the smallest blood vessels (microcirculation)
• cause renewal of the epidermal layer.
A chemical peel process can increase smoothness, balance uneven skin tones, soften fine lines as well as reduce sun spots and acne scars.
While a peel is usually applied to the face, it can also be used to nourish and improve skin quality on your neck and hands.
HOW IT WORKS:
With different strengths and formulations of chemical peels available, our doctors use superficial peels and safe substances that won’t burn or damage the skin.
Before starting the procedure, the doctor or therapist will carefully analyze your skin type and quality and evaluate the area that needs treatment. The doctor will then select the most appropriate peel, related chemical substances and dosage.
The peel solution is gently applied to the entire face or only one specific area, such as around the mouth. You might feel a tingling sensation. The peel will feel warm on your face, which indicates that the active chemical ingredients are starting to work in the skin.
After the treatment, the face is thoroughly cleansed using a specially formulated neutralizing solution. It is then moisturized with special soothing products.
Although different peels work in different ways, they all use a similar chemical process.
WHY IT CAN HELP YOU:
A chemical peel is especially effective in improving and reducing fine wrinkles on the cheeks, forehead and around the eyes as well as the vertical wrinkles around the mouth area.
We offer the following types of chemical peels:
• Vitamin C Peel:This gentle yet powerful peel uses a deep cleansing action to freshen the skin and make it more radiant. It offers immediate results – improved skin texture and tone, reduced fine lines, redness and improved pigmentation. Vitamin C peels can be customized for your skin type.
For example, by increasing its active ingredients, it can offer a more advanced peeling process.
• Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) Peel: This intermediate strength product can penetrate to the medium skin dermis. It is indicated for aging skin, facial wrinkles, superficial scars, freckles, age spots, pigment abnormalities and other superficial skin problems such as sun damaged skin.
TCA is also often used to quickly eliminate bad scars or lighten tattoos.
• Peeling layers 4 Facelift is a special peel which is sometimes done in conjunction with a facelift.
• Salipeel: This peel contains hydro alcoholic solution and salicylic acid, a Beta-Hydroxy Acid (BHA) derived from willow tree bark. Peels containing BHA acids are usually used to penetrate deep in the skin pores to remove oils that cause acne.
It penetrates quickly and is especially effective in treating oily and acne-prone skin.
A Salipeel regulates sebum, helps break down blackheads and whitehead pimples. It also inhibits bacterial growth.
• Glyco Peel: This peel is available in different strengths and contains glycolic acid, an Alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) derived from sugar cane. Glyco Peels are indicated for acne, photo damaged skin, fine lines and wrinkles,hyper pigmentation disorders, liver spots (lentigines) and patchy skin discolorations (melasma).
Because glycolic acid has the smallest molecular structure of any AHA, it can penetrate the skin’s surface.There, it thins the stratum corneum, where it promotes loosening of the epidermis layer (epidermolysis) and collagen formation.
When combined with certain other ingredients, a Glyco Peel makes it easier to penetrate the skin more deeply.
RESULTS: WHAT TO EXPECT:
Different types of chemical peels can significantly improve skin quality and texture on the face, hands and neck, restoring youthful radiance.
Depending on your skin type, chemical peels can be repeated every six to 12 weeks or as needed.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
As an effective skin rejuvenation procedure, chemical facial peels can help improve various problems including:
• Age and liver spots
• Fine lines and wrinkles
• Sun-damaged skin
• Uneven skin pigmentation
• Acne and acne scars
• Rough skin and scaly patches
Chemical peels are not suitable to treat deep facial lines, remove deep scars or broken capillary veins, change the size of skin pores or tighten sagging, loose skin.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Following a chemical peel treatment, the doctor or therapist may apply various ointments or dressings to the treated area to ease the healing process.
Some peels require that a protective crust needs to form over the new skin. If this is the case, you will notice that once the crust is removed, the skin underneath will be bright pink. After the healing is completed, skin is usually smoother, lighter in color and will have a more youthful glow.
Chemical peeling is an effective treatment, but it may not be right for everyone. If any of the following applies to you, we recommend you consult a doctor before making a decision.
• Abnormal pigmentation
• Facial warts
• A history of abnormal skin scarring
• Have red hair and a pale freckled skin
• Asian or Afro-Caribbean skin
• Have used certain acne treatments within the last year.
Remember that there are several other skin rejuvenationtreatments you can consider.